my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  MassageResource.com   » Massage Techniques Discussions   » Misc. Technique Discussions   » electric blanket

Author Topic: electric blanket
erika30
Member # 1036

posted 04-13-2003 02:37 PM     Profile for erika30     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi,

This is my first time posting and want to say how much I appreciate all of your commments.

I would like to buy an electric blanket for my massage table. I am sure there are some especially made for massage tables. (i don't think I would buy one from wal-mart). Does anyone us this type of blanket and if so can you give me any feedback/price/wholesaler or retailer's name. Do you put a protective padding between your electric blanket and your table?

Thanks

Erika

Posts: 23 | From: quebec | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
DoLLz
Member # 967

posted 04-13-2003 06:01 PM     Profile for DoLLz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i bought an electric mattress pad. YOu could probably find them fairly cheap now that winter is over. Check out clearance sections at the bedding aisles. I bought mine for $20... a lot cheaper than paying $60+ for a table warmer.
Posts: 11 | From: Houston | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
maestra
Member # 590

posted 04-13-2003 06:35 PM     Profile for maestra     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have both an electric mattress pad from Wal-Mart and a thermophore (one commonly sold specifically for massage tables). I use my thermophore more for outcalls because it is smaller and easier to tote around. I use the electric mattress pad under a regular mattress pad so it does not get stained, under it is a sheepskin to help reflect the heat back up to the client in addition to their own body heat.
Though I know some MT are against using electric mattress pads due to concerns with electrical fields, I find it is Very Popular with my clients, and consider it to be one of my wiser investments.

Posts: 384 | From: WI | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
irubu
Member # 489

posted 04-16-2003 01:46 PM     Profile for irubu     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I use a regular Sunbeam electric blanket and I use a flannel quilt from Innerpeace under it. It provides an extra cushion and a nice warm feeling witout leaving marks from the heating coils. It is also good for body wraps because it is twin sized. Just be caful washing the blanket. I usually have at least two layers over the blanket three if I do a body wrap. That keeps the blanket pretty clean
Texas-gal
Member # 1491

posted 11-30-2004 12:42 AM     Profile for Texas-gal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For what it's worth, another forum is talking about this right now (of course it is now 2004 and not 2003 -- as that was when this post began). Sam's Club has them in their online store currently.
http://www.bodyworkonline.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=bus;action=display;num=1101 159659

All times are MST(US)  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Massage & Bodywork Resource Center

Copyright 1996-2009 Wellness Communications. All Rights Reserved.