my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  MassageResource.com   » Miscellaneous Discussions   » General Discussion Area   » Face Cradle Pattern?

Author Topic: Face Cradle Pattern?
MillaLeo
Member # 1333

posted 08-22-2004 11:38 AM     Profile for MillaLeo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am trying to sew my own fleece face cradle covers. I'm having a hard time making the pattern for it. Does anyone here sew their own face cradles? Could you give me poointers on how to make them? Thanks a lot!
Posts: 4 | From: Florida | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jon O
Member # 5

posted 08-22-2004 06:33 PM     Profile for Jon O   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been sewing my own for a few years, and have not perfected the pattern yet!

My next attempt will merely be a one piece properly edged, with a couple elastic bands to hold it in place. That would probably be the best bet for the fleece also (considering the thickness)! Trying to fit it perfectly in a manner that eliminates lines on our clients foreheads has been a real challenge.

Posts: 708 | From: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Laura Val
Member # 810

posted 08-23-2004 08:10 AM     Profile for Laura Val     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't sew my own, but the business I buy them from uses a variety of stretch materials. It appears that they are cut crescent shaped, and have elastic sewn around the edges. No seams causing lines on clients' faces! If you want to look at the website, its called All-In-One Linens, http://allinonelinens.com/index.htm .
Lanie
Member # 1428

posted 08-23-2004 09:59 AM     Profile for Lanie     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I read a post with the following pattern in it and have been using them ever since. They aren't fitted but work just great!! And NO lines!

Take a 16x16 square of fleece and cut a slit up the middle 10 inches (I have some at 10 and some at 9). The edges don't fray and they hold their shape just great! I used one yard of fleece and got 8 face cradle covers--That's about $1 apiece!

Posts: 4 | From: Black Hills | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
MillaLeo
Member # 1333

posted 08-31-2004 12:51 PM     Profile for MillaLeo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you for all your input.. It's been a hassle trying to make them fitted, since they are so thick. I think I will stick with Laney's idea for now on the 16x16 square. I bouth 8 yeards at Joann Fabrics on sale for only $3.50 a yard. If I can get 8 out of a yard, that's only .44 each. Awesome! Thanks again.
Posts: 4 | From: Florida | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
smooth
Member # 132

posted 09-01-2004 12:10 AM     Profile for smooth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I use a rounded shape cut from fleece, traced a few inches around my facerest, then cut kind of a Y in it. After the fleece is washed a bunch of times, it does pill and become a little uncomfortable. You can do the same thing with flannel or moleskin, but you'd best bind the edges with a zigzag stitch.
Posts: 339 | From: usa | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST(US)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Massage & Bodywork Resource Center

Copyright 1996-2009 Wellness Communications. All Rights Reserved.