my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  MassageResource.com   » Miscellaneous Discussions   » General Discussion Area   » breast augmentation encapsulation

Author Topic: breast augmentation encapsulation
kneader
Member # 1346

posted 05-14-2004 04:21 PM     Profile for kneader     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not sure if anyone has addressed this before. A new client stated she has had four corrective surgeries for encapsulated breast implants (saline) since her original implantation five years ago. She is suffering from pain generally in right breast area, pectorals, and shoulder, etc.f, and feels that it is happening again. Any advice for me re: treating this client?
BigDog
Member # 1205

posted 05-16-2004 07:51 PM     Profile for BigDog     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have dealt with this a few times. I must state that I am a male therapist and I do do breast massage on females that have had augmentation surgery. The first time it was requested I told them that I could not, but after many request by that patient and the Dr. I decided to try. I found that when the implant is set in place and then inflated it causes lots of scar tissue around it. This is what causes the breast to be unnaturally high on the chest and taunt to the touch. By releasing the adhesions it gives the breast a more natural look and much releif to the patient. I do alot of cross fiber friction directly on the adhesions. This is painful and causes some bruising on the patient. But we have had great results. The Dr. sends us alot of patients now and I have found the patients are more comfortable then I am.
Posts: 32 | From: 1 Sunny day a year | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
kneader
Member # 1346

posted 05-17-2004 10:53 AM     Profile for kneader     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks, BigDog! I appreciate the info.

All times are MST(US)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Massage & Bodywork Resource Center

Copyright 1996-2009 Wellness Communications. All Rights Reserved.